July 4, 2012

Intercessory Prayers (v 7-3)


For Ourselves
Dear Jesus, help me to spread Your fragrance everywhere I go.  Flood my soul with Your Spirit and life.  Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of you.  Shine through me and so be in me that every soul with whom I come in contact may know Your presence in my soul.  Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus!  Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as you shine so to be a light to others; the light, O Jesus, will be all from you; none of it will be mine; it will be You shining on others through me.  Let me thus praise you in the way You do love best by reradiating you to those around me.  Let me preach you without preaching, not by words but by my example, by the catching force of the sympathetic influence of what I do, the evident fullness of the love my heart bears to You. Amen.                                                                  (Prayer of St. John Neumann)  

Lord, Come into my heart   (Pause in silence)

For Those We Love
Father, at this moment I try to clear my mind of thoughts which distract me from speaking clearly to You, but I can never clear my heart of love and concern for those You brought into my life who are near and dear to me.  I thank You for these gifts, and ask that You always bless them.  Tonight, I especially ask Your blessings for:
·         (Tom) For my mom, that God continues to bless her with good health
·         (Jeanne) For my kids that Paul & Michelle come back to the church, and that others grow in their love of God.  And for Joey’s baptism. 
·         (Amy) For the conversion of my parents, family, and friends.     
R.  Lord, hear our prayers for those we love.

For Those Who Need Your Help
Lord, You bring into my life people who need Your help.  By myself, I am a weak and frail human; I can do nothing for them.  If it is Your will, use me that they may see not what I do, but what YOU do for them.  I pray for those You have sent to me to care for, and those who need Your strength.
·         For those on our Church prayer chain, who have asked that we pray for them
·         For this country and its leaders (esp. for those who say they are Catholic), that they may be open to your Wisdom
·         For the upcoming election and judgment on the HHS mandate.       
R.  Lord, hear our prayers for those who need Your help.

Today’s Scripture Readings

For Your Church
Jesus gave Peter the keys to your kingdom.  Father, I pray for Your church upon the earth, that it may be strong against the snares of the devil, and it may lead everyone into Your kingdom.
·         For your servant, Pope Benedict XVI
·         For non-practicing Catholics, that the seed you planted in Baptism may never grow sterile, but bloom in Your own good time.
·         For suffering Christians around the world, that they know in their hearts the pains that Jesus suffered for them, and so may more easily bear their pains for Him.
·         For those who willingly suffer for others --- give them strength.
·         For the souls in Purgatory, especially those of our deceased family members.
·         For a reversal of Roe vs Wade, and an end to abortion, euthanasia, and the death penalty.     
R.  Lord, hear our prayers for Your Church

In Thanksgiving
Lord, I can’t thank You enough for Your many blessings, yet I rarely even start.  Father, tonight I want to thank You for all You have done for me:  this week, this year, in my entire life.  You have answered my prayers; You have heard my call of:  “Abba – Father help me.”  Thank You.
·         For Your help in all our daily tasks
·         For the people you place in our lives who help bring us closer to You.
·         For your saints in heaven, and those on earth who show us the way to follow You.
·         For those who willingly give their lives in prayer and in sacrifice for others.
·         For Christian radio, television, magazines, newspapers, and books which help spread your Word.
R.  Lord, we give You praise and thanksgiving for Your many blessings on us.

R.
Oh Lord Jesus Christ.  You alone know the holiness of God and the weakness of humanity.  You alone have dwelt in the heavens and on the earth.  Though without sin, You have borne our infirmities and tasted the bitter effects of our evil deeds.  You call us to be holy so that we may pass on to that holy life which is without any change or sorrow, to that place of endless day where there is no mourning or crying anymore.  You have gone before us and sent the Advocate to stand beside us in our trials.
O Divine Master, call us ever more powerfully to follow You on the way of holiness.  Call us to sanctification by Your life and death, by Your Word and sacraments.  Save those who are dear to us.  Save those who have strayed.  Call to those who are perishing, because you have died for us all.  And make us by Your grace, witnesses to your salvation and holiness in this world, in which we struggle on, guided by the light shining from Your cross.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment